Saturday, January 10, 2009

About this blog...

Welcome to the Tierra Pacifica HOA Blog! This link is only being sent to active members of the Tierra Pacifica HOA (property owners who have actually closed on their lots and are HOA fee-paying members). Why another blog? I was searching for a tool that could be utilized by the HOA Board to convey info to HOA members, as well as a means for members to communicate with one another and to network. Members can choose to follow the blog anonymously or openly, so their personal info need not be shared.

The existent blog posted by Steve McKnight is tied to the general Tierra Pacifica website. The site is maintained by the developers and acts as a marketing tool, so numerous folks have access. It's a great resource and a great link to the Tierra Pacifica "big picture" and related info posted by Steve. This blog is an effort to provide a separate, private venue for us as HOA members to share info that is more pertinent to the day-to-day operations and concerns of current property and home owners. It also lets us make posts and comments to one another and allows you to comment on blogs that the HOA Board posts from time to time. I view it as a way to connect to let others know when you will be in Tierra Pacifica or in Playa Junquillal, to network and get others' opinions on local services and business needs (landscaping, property management, rental opportunities, local dining), and other uses as we see fit.

Please note: I am maintaining this blog spot and making posts voluntarily, as a way to help us build community within Tierra Pacifica. That being said, I want to respect everyone's privacy, so please let me know if you do not want me to use your name or last name. I commented on some coming's and going's below, just to let HOA members know that Tierra Pacifica has been bustling with activity these last couple of months. I also want to use this blog to represent the interests of the group as a whole, so feel free to e-mail with comments or things you would like to see discussed. This is a new site and can only be improved with your input. A blog is just that... I will write things I hope are of interest to others. No one should feel obligated to read the blogs. They are totally subjective in nature. As this site develops, I hope to add more objective HOA Board information and a feedback forum, but I'm still exploring software limitations and capacity. My kids are the technologically-abled in this household, so I have a learning curve ahead of me!

I invite you to e-mail me directly if you have info to share. I can post on your behalf until I figure out a way to moderate posts from within the site. My direct e-mail address is:

dakaleta@sbcglobal.net

How to use this blog: The most recent blog entry appears at the top of the page. If you would like to read the blogs in order of their posting date, start from the bottom of the page. If you choose to become a "Follower" of this blog, you can opt to receive a notification when a new blog entry is posted. Oh, and by the way... If you know a better way to do all of this, please let me know. I'm a novice!

Note: The views, opinions, blog content, etc. on this site reflect my personal opinions and views and do not represent a position by the Tierra Pacifica HOA Board, its members, or individuals associated with Tierra Pacifica. I apologize, in advance, for any content that may be incorrectly reported and I will do my best to correct any misinformation as I am made aware of it.

Now, let's blog!

Pura Vida!

Dana Kaleta
Tierra Pacifica HOA Secretary
"Casa Kaleta"


No comments:

Post a Comment